kanyezee's poker blog

The ramblings of kanyezee from poker.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand

I've graduated from Otago University (NZ) with a BCom (finance econ). Work in the Finance industry since 2007 so only took me a year and a half to completely ruin the global market, pretty pleased with myself there! I don't know what I want to do with myself........

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Poker.com 27/6/06 - 4/7/06

I read the poker.com email and there was a reload bonus matching 100% up to $100 so I decided I would deposit some into my account and play a bit after work this week.
$100 has now become $550, with only $20 from the bonus so all has been good on the poker front.

I have been playing the 10/25c 6 max NL Tijuana and 25/50c 6 max NL Waimea Bay tables. Ive had 5 long sessions, 4 winning and one down where I just couldnt hit cards and had beats all night.

Unfortunately the hand history is down at poker.com at the moment so I cannot post the true highlights but I can remember highlights.

Me A 10
Flop K Q x
Turn J (no flush yet hence nuts) worked up to all in
They show KJ for 2 pair
River x

Me KQ
Flop KQQ
Turn 8
River 5
He lead the betting and was betting strong so I didnt raise to scare him off, he it full house on river and went all in, I called.

A few all in's preflop with AA.


Poker.com is also holding the poker.com championships where they hold an event everyday, trying to replicate the WSOP. As I have work I have only played one event the $10 Limit championship, 134 players, I placed 61st, The tournament became a make or break in one hand before the first break, I took down some nice pots but also lost or had to lay down a few. Make or break hand was me in the SB with Qs8s, one call, I call, BB checks.

flop Ks 2s 2d, i check, bet 600, call, i call
turn As, i check, bet 1200, call, i raise 2400, call, fold,
river Kc, I know this card has ruined me bet 1200 i hope, he calls

shows 2h Jd

I stay around a few more hands and triple up, which sounds good but means nothing, and busted in 61st/124

Got a few points for championship.

2 Comments:

Blogger XaqNautilus said...

Hey there.

No I haven't played in any Poker.com Championship matches so the field has a sick lead on me.

I don't plan on playing in many of them as most of them aren't my cup of tea.

Ciao.

13/7/06 11:38 AM  
Blogger XaqNautilus said...

Ah shucks dude I was just about to sit at one of your Tijuana tables after finishing the $1500 Guaranteed II and I find you up and disappeared like a fart in a blizzard... lol cya around.

20/7/06 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home