kanyezee's poker blog

The ramblings of kanyezee from poker.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand

I've graduated from Otago University (NZ) with a BCom (finance econ). Work in the Finance industry since 2007 so only took me a year and a half to completely ruin the global market, pretty pleased with myself there! I don't know what I want to do with myself........

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Local Pub Tourny Win!

Well, i'm a Uni student in my final year and the drinking age is 18 in NZ so i'm over the student pub environment but once and a while they do something great to intice me back for a night out. Well two of them now have weekly hold'em tournaments, so I decided to check it out one tuesday night at one of the pubs about 5 mins walk from my flat.

I was the first to arrive which I felt a bit stupid by, but I had my sounds so I managed to pass the time easy.

Anyway it was a $10 buy-in no other fee and all money in was prize money out which was cool. Max 50 players which was reached well before start and top 5 paid. First hand I got dealt QJ suited in the SB so I wasnt happy because I prefer to lay down my first hand for some reason. A few limpers so I raised preflop and had 3 to the flop it was a low flop with a J so I put out a reasonable bet and everyone folded so taking down the first pot was nice. I then had plenty of time before the blinds came around to me again and I decided to study the table. The play was very loose so I decided if I played tight for a while i'd be alright. I was up from the initial 500 starting chips to about 700 at the first break and the blinds werent increasing fast at all so I had heaps of time. I then got moved to another table and took down a few pots until I got a BB special something like 3 5 and I hit the bicycle on the turn which was the A so I managed to earn a few from someone with a pair of aces. I then got moved to the swish table with felt and took down some nice little pots there. When it was down to the final table, I took down the first four pots and had a nice stack probably 2nd but when I managed to knock out a big stack I was a big chip leader and continued to play strong. I only bluffed once and managed to get him to fold which was nice and managed to knock out a few short stacks with the ability to call some of their all-ins. Heads up only lasted 2 hands when i was dealt AJ diamonds and he raised I reraised him all in and he folded, next hand it was just called preflop and i hit middle pair of the flop he went all in and I called, he showed bottom pair so he didnt have many outs and my hand managed to hold up to collect a cool $225.

I havent played another tourney yet as I've had to study for exams and seeing its my final year they're my first priority. 2 down one to go and theyve gone off without a hitch and tomorrows is the easiest of the three so all should be good.

Off to stay at my parents for the semester break and will work so I can have a few more pinga's to spend next semester.

Apparantly poker.com has had an upgrade but I dont have an internet connex at home at the mo as ive ditched my dial-up for broadband which hasnt yet been hooked up, should be interesting tho.

Good luck to all at the tables,

See you all at poker.com in Mid July
Kanyezee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home