kanyezee's poker blog

The ramblings of kanyezee from poker.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand

I've graduated from Otago University (NZ) with a BCom (finance econ). Work in the Finance industry since 2007 so only took me a year and a half to completely ruin the global market, pretty pleased with myself there! I don't know what I want to do with myself........

Saturday, June 24, 2006

My oh my what a night

I have been busy working these holidays but I decided to play a little last night, so I jumped on poker.com and decided to play some low cash commitment tables so played some Tijuana (6 man NL 10/25c). I sat down at two tables and after adjusting to the updated software, i was up for the day on both tables and happy with my play and had dinner, I decided to play some more to earn comp points for the 20k freeroll as I may have monday morning (when it is played in NZ) off from work (which i now know i don't doh) when I had worked my $25 on both tables up to about $35 again when I ran into trouble on one table. Hand history is down for now so i'll try my best recall. K7 dia's in the BB all call, so I check, flop all Diamonds! I'm first to act so I check to see where everyone is at but its checked around, the turn is a blank so I check and once again it is checked around. The river is once again a blank but completes a straight draw for anyone on it and again i check hoping someone will try to steal the next player min bets, everyone folds so I raise to $1, he goes all in, I pause for a moment but im sure I have it and call, he flips over the A high flush and takes $20 from me, oh well i think I may have done the same all over again because the level of play on these tables aint the best and i can usually double my $25 within 100 hands.

On another table I get quad queens earlier when my QQ has a 7QQ flop. I manage to milk this one well as i had been aggressive for many of the hands before this and I manage to take down a big pot, which im surprised by as I think it wouldnt hit anyone else. I go back to even when my KK is done when I raise to $1.8 preflop, just one caller table is 337, check check, K, me $2 call, Q, me $3 him all in, call and he shows 33! oh well that suxed! I am amused as 33 is throwaway with my raise imo as its a coinflip vs any hand when it comes down to it but he hit it on the flop so dissapointing. I lose about $25 that hand. Anyway im up overall in that session but its that feeling it could have been a bit more.

I enter 2 sit n goes b4 calling it a night, one heads up $5 that i win after a 1200 to 800 chip lead im dealt AK, they raise from 30 to 120, me to 400, they're all in, I call and they show AQ, it holds up and i take that one down.

I also play a 6 man $2 sit n go. I really played well and dominated once I had the chip lead, i win that for $8.40.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home