kanyezee's poker blog

The ramblings of kanyezee from poker.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand

I've graduated from Otago University (NZ) with a BCom (finance econ). Work in the Finance industry since 2007 so only took me a year and a half to completely ruin the global market, pretty pleased with myself there! I don't know what I want to do with myself........

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Sick run



After losing a buy-in at Waimea ... don't ask, I decided to play at Pueblo, mainly because the frame of mind i was in needed focus and raising the stakes would make require me to concentrate instead of just having the 'meh' attitude.




Brought in for the $100 and brought in this pot quite early, a bit of risk considering the limp raise cus thats my move!!! and I know what it means when I play it, but this guy was going all-in in some weird positions, so I took a while to think it over before putting him on something like a middle pair. When the cards where flipped, no A no K, after the flop no A no K no heart on the turn please cus poker.com is 'infamous' for runner runner, but it worked out ok. Nice $221 pot.










Flucuated between $240 and $210 before my last hand came, I was UTG and decided yeah thats enough, im not gonna pay my BB next hand so sit out, AQ raise to $3, flop didnt hit me but I got a gutshot so I fire in $3.5 to see where I stand and to pay off if I hit that K I need, turn brought it so I hold the nuts looking at a $20 pot. So I try my overbet move that screams weakness (the same one that had killed me in the tournament earlier this morning), and I get a call :) The river is an A, no flush but we probly both have a Q I think, but nonetheless I gota try and get maximum if he dont, so I bet $42 to put him all in:



So I leave that table with $293 which is nice :)

My bankroll at PokerNortica is now a healthy $543.60 on the $200 deposited 24 hrs ago. Not bad, not bad at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home