kanyezee's poker blog

The ramblings of kanyezee from poker.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand

I've graduated from Otago University (NZ) with a BCom (finance econ). Work in the Finance industry since 2007 so only took me a year and a half to completely ruin the global market, pretty pleased with myself there! I don't know what I want to do with myself........

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Gutted

Didnt do so good in the $5 satellite tourney but then this happened in the depositors freeroll:



I dont regret this move at all just gutted at the outcome.

I had a rather loose table image because I was fellow chip leader at the table (he had 47 more chips than me lol). So I went in on the flop hoping he hit the J. It got the desired result, just not the outcome. In retrospect perhaps I couldve waited until the turn but I think the result would have been the same. I got $5 for 20th place, but I am confident I would have come top 3 because this wouldve put me in top chip with 28000 vs 2nd place 17k. I considered him my only threat at the table as well because I could smash everyone else there with ease, he seemed like a good player, but maybe I overated him, hmm im not sure what I would do if the roles were reversed, its probly 50/50 whether id call.

Gonna play the 2245 1500 Guaranteed later, so mad I missed the 2k g ($17.5 entry) as it only had 86 players, thats some good overlay!!!

Unfortunately I didnt realise my computer time and PokerNordica times were a little off so when my alarm went off, rego had closed, gutted.

EDIT: Busted out of $1500 very early, 78 players only, good +EV. I was right to bluff but he made a crazy call, but good on him.

Went to some Waimeas afterwards. Up to $65 on each b4 calling it a break, might play later dont knw tho. A little disappointed at my play on one hand with J9 in the SB no limpers me and BB to the flop. 8 10 Q. I fire $2 into a $1 pot, and he raises me to $4. I raise to 10 and he folds. In retrospect probly called for a call, check on turn and let him fire again then raise but meh I was 100% in the right mindset to be playing 100%

I dont mind the aggressiveness here but it was unlikely he had somethng great Q8 10 8 at best because there was no pre-flop action. He did seem the aggressive sort but didnt work out this time :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home