kanyezee's poker blog

The ramblings of kanyezee from poker.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand

I've graduated from Otago University (NZ) with a BCom (finance econ). Work in the Finance industry since 2007 so only took me a year and a half to completely ruin the global market, pretty pleased with myself there! I don't know what I want to do with myself........

Monday, August 07, 2006

Another Day another tournament win :)

Today was a good day.

I played two tournaments - Top Dawggs Poker League $3 buy in event, and poker-bug league game $3 w/ rebuys/add-ons.

In the Top Dawgg tournament I was unlucky to bubble (4th in a 16 man field) when I went 4 handed i was at a 2000 vs 5000/5000/8000 chip disadvantage. I doubled up and could of taken out the short stack had I called with my K6s, although I thought he had A high and there was already one limper so I figured he probly had him covered. Unfortunately my correct move to place the short stack all in a few hands later turned on my when hit hit one of his cards on the turn. I busted when my AK failed to improve against 55.

I would have been upset about this had I not won the next tournament. It was a rebuy/addon event with $100 added with only 8 players, they all hung around until the rebuy/add-on period was over. I neither had to rebuy or add-on as I had 7900 chips (start with 1500), which was about 35% of the chips in play as there were 7 rebuys. Everyone else added-on. So now my chip stack was depleted to 24% of the chips in play. I did get lucky earlier on when my A10 raise from the SB, was called by the BB, flop came Q 10 6, I bet quite a bit and he went all in, (not a unfamiliar sight), I called to see I was up against a Q, but an A on the river saved my ass.

After the rebuy period was over, I was dealt AA UTG. I limped expecting a raise or an all-in and was happy when it came when someone made a 4x BB all-in, there was one caller and I went all-in, he called and I was up against 66 and KJs. Well the flop killed any dreams of them cracking my aces when it came down AAx. LOL.

I took out 4th place so I had a good 21000 vs 4500/5000 chip lead 3 handed. I played aggresively and then raised in the SB with Q 10, after the button folded. The BB went all-in and it was about half of what I had already put in, im hoping for 2 live cards so I call. He shows A5 dia. The flop if 10 10 Q. Lol

Heads up only lasts a few hands when I call his all in with KJ clubs, Im up against an A3 so im slightly behind but I hit one of them on the turn and scoop up a nice little prize purse, especially for only the $3+0.3 buy-in

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home