kanyezee's poker blog

The ramblings of kanyezee from poker.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand

I've graduated from Otago University (NZ) with a BCom (finance econ). Work in the Finance industry since 2007 so only took me a year and a half to completely ruin the global market, pretty pleased with myself there! I don't know what I want to do with myself........

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Tournament Win :)

Played quite a bit lately, i've earned enough for the 50k freeroll at poker.com so i'll let you know how I do it that.

I won the $300 guaranteed last night to pick off $90 in winnings. Really in tune with my game at the moment.

Ive started the practice of cashing out my weekly winnings and sending a check from neteller so ive got a bit more cash in hand for spending seeing im a poor student. sent $150US last week and already up $175 this week although I dont see myself playing all the much.

Highlight last night was in heads up. I was BB and MrsStacks raises to 4500, i've got 35os and I reluctantly called hoping to sneak something on the flop ala Hachem her. The flop comes 333, I check and they go all-in. Um ok! I'll take it!

Won the tournament with a bit of a suckout but by that stage my chip advantage was big. I pushed all in on a 338 flop with K9 called by and 8 but two Ks on turn and river secure my win.

Im looking forward to the second season of the poker.com blogger tour, which is starting soon. Links to this are on the left :)

1 Comments:

Blogger XaqNautilus said...

Hey man, Congrats.

Gee I didn't realize it was you watching me. Must have brought me luck.

I only get to play on Tuesdays and Wednesdays now, so Poker.com's new freeroll structure burnt me a bit, but that's the way things go.

Maybe I'll see you on the tables.

13/9/06 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home